Thursday, November 28, 2013


I am delighted to introduce to you this week’s SuperMomSpotlight Dennissa Valdivieso Ramirez. She was born in Ecuador and her family immigrated to The United States in 1993.   Where she begin perfecting her English at the short age of 9 years old.


In her 21st year she was the winner of the first ever Miss Telemundo Utah Pageant, that same year she was crowned as the first runner up for Miss Hispanidad Utah.  

Dennissa started her Insurance career the day she graduated from High School, and became a licensed Insurance Agent for the State of Utah and practice this career for almost 10 years. She is also the founder of The Utah Latina Bloggers and Utah Mama Latina.

Among the things she enjoys, she is very passionate about organizing events, She recently organized and accomplished running El Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) celebration at Thanksgiving Point, A family educational event where over 4,700 people attended. She also loves spending quality time with her 5 kids, cooking, reading, outdoors, motivating people to live their dreams, crafting, social media, essential oils, dancing, cultivating culture and traditions.

I am very fortunate to have met this influential, powerful woman and mother of 5.  She is very kind hearted, sincere and loving to all those who have the opportunity to meet her. She has been an example to me of hard work, dedication and putting family values first.  She has the gift of empowerment through her words.

SuperMomTested is ultimate proof of her willingness to hear someone’s dream and then turn around and make it a reality.  My dream became a reality when she stepped in. It was because of her passion for the message of SMT, that things started to happen. 

She taught me how to search for and buy a domain, And how to set up a web host, start a blog ,write and edit articles. How to utilize Instagram for pictures and posting them to Social Outlets like Facebook, Twitter, Insatgram and Pinterest.  We spend many wonderful hours together creating our vision for SuperMomTested.


Get to Know her here:
SMT: Who would you say had the biggest influence in your life and why?
Dennissa:  My Father, Since I was very little he was my hero the person that I would go to for any questions I had. He always took the time to listen to my dreams, but also to remind me that with any dream, you needed to take action. He always believed in me!

SMT: Growing up, what did you imagine yourself doing?
Dennissa: Being a Secret agent, Acting in Broadway and traveling the world.

SMT: What was the hardest thing about growing up in another country?
Dennissa: Learning the language and overcoming my fear of speaking it. I could understand English before we moved to the US my parents had sign my siblings and I in a private school, where English was spoken half of the day, but to actually put my broken up English into practice was a bit of a challenge at first, I really could understand most everything within a year, but I overcame my fear of speaking it after 2 years.

SMT: What are you passions?
Dennissa: My passions, are my children, The amazing opportunity to experience this life and my Faith.

SMT: What do you love the most about being a mom?
Dennissa: There are many rewarding moments for me being a mother, like for instances where I have deep conversations with my children and I can see their little eyes lighting up with curiosity, or hearing my children tell me I am the greatest mom, even if at times I don’t feel that I am. Over hearing their conversations of them planning to come to my house every Sunday when they are older or just riding in my car listening to their choice of music (Piano Guys) and looking through the rear view mirror of my car and just looking at them and seeing how blessed I am. 
SMT: What is the biggest challenge with being a mom to your five children?
Dennissa: Time, There are times where I wish I could do more then 3 things at a time. But I guess that comes with the territory of having a big family!

SMT: How do you live in gratitude?
Dennissa: Lately I just being trying to focus my attention on all that is good in my life, with so much negativity in the world. It feels good to know that I am blessed and even tough my life has challenges at times, focusing my energy in things that I have gratitude for, believe it or not bring more of them my way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment