Tuesday, July 30, 2013



Hi, SuperMoms!!!  I just spent the last week visiting my SuperMom and while I was there I commented on how shiny her ring was and asked, "When was the last time you had your ring steam cleaned?"  To my surprise she said a couple years ago.  I don't know about you ladies, but my ring hasn't been steam cleaned for years (I know, major embarrassing!) and doesn't look half as shiny as my mother's ring did.  She then told me her secret, hydrogen peroxide bath. 

What You Need:
-Hydrogen Peroxide 
-Small Cap
-A Diamond Ring

Directions: Place your ring in the cap and poor hydrogen peroxide until the ring is fully covered.  In a couple seconds the peroxide will start to bubble.  The bubbles and fizz will eventually slow down production (45 seconds - 1 minute) depending on how dirty your ring is.  Once the bubbles slow it's time to poor out the peroxide in the cap and start the whole process over.  Each time the peroxide will bubble less and less.  Stop when you notice the peroxide is producing a significant amount of less fizz.  Rinse under water, dry and wear. 

*I did the process 5 times, but remember my ring was really dirty!  



*The 1st time picture has a lot more fizz than the 5th time picture.  

Since my ring hasn't been cleaned for years I was expecting much, but was pleasantly surprise when my ring came out shinier!  It still had dirt in some places, but over all I would definitely say it was a success!  

My mom nor I are jewelers, but haven't had any problems with the hydrogen peroxide bath with our diamond rings.  If you have any questions your local jewelers would be the best place to call and ask.

Enjoy the rest of you week SuperMoms!!!


Noelle Newitt
SuperMom in training,








11 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip! I am trying that right now. I don't even want to say how long it has been since my ring was cleaned.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m careful when it comes to cleaning my jewelry, especially with gold. I use mild dish soap with warm water and let it stand for a few minutes; then, gently brush it with soft brush.

    Melissa @SouthFloridaCoins.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Commercial jewellery cleaners are a mixture of water, a bit of ammonia and a drop of liquid dish detergent. Make some up in a small, clean food jar and soak any jewellery (other than organic like opals, pearls or coral etc) for a few minutes and then rub with a very soft toothbrush to get rid of chunks as often as you want (I had a woman who had been baking bread and had raw dough packed solidly in her ring). Much safer than hydrogen peroxide.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tip. My ring looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The peroxide is wonderful. Finish it up with a sonic toothbrush (I bought the travel size at Kroger for $8). The rings look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been using this method for years and it is great. I have a band with inset diamonds and couldn't get it clean with traditional methods. I accidentally tried this because my finger was having an allergic reaction to my ring and I wanted to make sure it was sanitized. It was actually something that had imbedded itself into my ring. SO HATS OFF TO YOUR FOR POSTING.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Does this work with Avon jewelry as well? I ask specifically because I have a necklace that was gifted to me over 10 years ago from Avon. I don't see why it wouldn't though :) THANKS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've done this to my diamond ring and used a soft toothbrush to gently brush the diamonds....FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used warm water tife detergent and a lttle peroxide, let it soak. Awesone shine and hopefully my finger stops breaking out

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well I love the way that jeweler shows their unique craftsmanship and artistry with such a nice finishing. Even I have a name bracelet in my wardrobe

    jewelry cleaning tips

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete