Tuesday, October 8, 2013


The Deep-Fried Chicken nuggets is one of my favorite comfort foods. I used to make them with white flour and beaten eggs. When I learned that I was allergic to those two ingredients, I thought I was never going to enjoy this recipe again.  Gladly, I learned how to make the nuggets with rice flour and cornstarch! Enjoy!
Deep-Fried Chicken Nuggets
(Gluten Free, Egg Free, Soy Free) 
Ingredients:
1 Lb. Chicken Breasts cut into 2-inch cubes
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
Chicken Bouillon (optional) I use Goya Adobo Seasoning
1/2 Cup cornstarch
1/4 + 1/8 Cup water
1 Cup Rice flour (or cornmeal) Oil for frying 

Preparation: 
In a bowl, season chicken cubes with salt, black pepper and bouillon. In a separate bowl, combine cornstarch and water to make a semi-thick paste. Have the rice flour ready in a third bowl. Pour the prepared chicken into the cornstarch mixture and stir until all the chicken is covered with the paste (you can do this with each chicken piece separately, if you prefer). Then, cover each chicken cube with rice flour and put it in hot oil. Fry for about five minutes or until golden. Serve with your favorite side and salad! 

-Home's Cool Mom 

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm! Looks scrummy!
    Hi! Stopping by from Mom Bloggers Club. Great blog!

    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Veronica Lee, Thank you for stopping by, Welcome and come by often.

    ReplyDelete