Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Hey Everyone!

My name is Brenda and I am so excited to be a part of the Super Mom Tested Group. I am a mommy to two boys (4, 2) and a daughter (1). I blog over at From Me, With Love and am a Graphic Designer. I love designing prints, stationery and parties! I hope to bring you some helpful tips and hope to learn from you as well.

Speaking of parties...doesn't it seem like laundry is never-ending? Especially with children who seem to spill and make a mess with things you wouldn't even think would be messy, right?!

I have been trying to find a good stain remover and decided to try a particular brand out since I had heard good things about it. Purex makes this soap and stain remover bar called Fels-Naptha that you can get at Walmart or another grocery store.

1. Wet the clothing item where the stain is and rub the bar on it.
2. Let it sit for a minute and then wash.

 On some stains I could see it lather the stain away so this looked promising! tipsytuesday_laundry_felsnaptha The verdict: Pretty good! I am a fan! Some items I had to wash twice to get the stain out. On other stains, like the ones that had already been set in and I was just expecting a miracle, it did not work. It worked well with watermelon, raspberries, dirt, blood and around most of the collar stains. It didn't work well with blueberries or cherry stains. I will say it works much better than other normal stain removers I have used. ( I don't want to name names but if you ask I will tell you). Here are some before and afters:

tipsytuesday_laundry_beforeafter_shorts



tipsytuesday_laundry_beforeafter_pants

Well the Blueberries won this challenge.  Maybe my kids make super special stains because nothing can get those babies out. However, this did work pretty well and I can't expect miracles. Some stuff just does not come out and just needs to be tossed.

Do you guys have any awesome stain remover remedies to share?

By: Brenda Bird SuperMom of 3
http://www.brendabirddesigns.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment